Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Child Is This_DLR
Here is my mix of this song. Cheers!

.mp3    what child is this_DLR.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

Nice Mix. Smile I like the band balance but I feel the vocal is maybe slightly too upfront and bright, it seems to sit apart from the mix a little bit. That's totally subjective though as I consciously went for a more "haunting" sound where yours in more "modern".

I notice we did a similar thing with the delay. Smile

Chris
I like this mix a lot.....especially love the acoustic guitar tone. That said, i think maybe some more bottom end during the intro would sound more natural considering how many bass notes are being actively played. Having a lower HP filter to start and then automating a higher setting as other instruments join the ensemble would maintain the balance you've developed. Nice job
Thank you Chris & HbG! Chris, I wanted vocal bright and upfront (however,it is a bit too much...maybe :-) ). HbG, I agree for HP filter, I just didn't remember to automating it at the time :-)
Wohoohoo... what's this.. 1000+ views (hearing)?.. Seriously, how's that possible?Dodgy
(20-07-2015, 09:45 PM)DLR Wrote: Wohoohoo... what's this.. 1000+ views (hearing)?.. Seriously, how's that possible?Dodgy

Good question. Not sure, to be honest, unless there's some kind of webbot activity behind it. Nothing to do with me, though.
I guess you're right.. It must be some robot,webbot or something. OR my mix is so awsome that thousand of people want to hear it ..hahahahaha.. let's talk about some money Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin Btw. it's nice to see that you "keep eye on us" Smile
(20-07-2015, 11:16 PM)DLR Wrote: I guess you're right.. It must be some robot,webbot or something. OR my mix is so awsome that thousand of people want to hear it

Well, of course, that's the obvious conclusion...