Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Horses
used the provided mix as reference, sans overly loud kick drum!

.mp3    Dark Horses.mp3 --  (Download: 10.05 MB)

Sounds great to me. I'm going to use yours as my reference Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(08-11-2014, 10:28 PM)bmullen Wrote: Sounds great to me. I'm going to use yours as my reference Smile

cheers Smile
Hello M.o.m

I like the instrumental balance you've got going on this - It's not the easiest one and you've done a nice job to get it sounding great.

I'm slightly less convinced by the vocals....I like them.....but not sure if they match....they seem to be in a different space to the instruments. Also, at 2.00, they sound a little bit nasaly - maybe EQ required, or maybe EQ required on FX returns, or level control on FX returns.

That said...i like this..and agree with bmullen...will listen to this more closely if i go into the breach once more.

Cheers
(09-11-2014, 06:35 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hello M.o.m

I like the instrumental balance you've got going on this - It's not the easiest one and you've done a nice job to get it sounding great.

I'm slightly less convinced by the vocals....I like them.....but not sure if they match....they seem to be in a different space to the instruments. Also, at 2.00, they sound a little bit nasaly - maybe EQ required, or maybe EQ required on FX returns, or level control on FX returns.

That said...i like this..and agree with bmullen...will listen to this more closely if i go into the breach once more.

Cheers

thanks for the listen hb, and also for pointing out about the vox, i was trying out a new plate and got carried away! also right at the end of the time spent i added more eq on the vox which makes it nasally.
Well done!
Alexander
I can't understand what kind of processing was applied? Incredible reverb effect!! I could not understand, no matter how I tried. Could you reveal this secret?
Alexander