Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk To Me Baby - HB Mix
I love 50's chord progressions - and this guy can really play. Very cool bass run at 2.42. Drums took a fair bit of sorting out.

.mp3    Talk To Me Baby_HB Mix_01_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 7.37 MB)

I love the way you treated the guitars there. And the vocals are pretty nice too! Smile
I think the mix is a bit too wide though, the snare is also too modern sounding to my ears, probably a stylistic choice on your part though. But for the genre I'm kind of expecting tighter drums and less ambience. I think you could perhaps narrow it first then open it up when the bgv come in, and then again when the solo and last chorus enters.
Just a suggestion. Sounds great though.
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Very nice. Vocals sound great. I agree about the snare. Maybe too much emphasis on the bottom?
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(08-11-2014, 07:14 PM)ptalbot Wrote: I love the way you treated the guitars there. And the vocals are pretty nice too! Smile
I think the mix is a bit too wide though, the snare is also too modern sounding to my ears, probably a stylistic choice on your part though. But for the genre I'm kind of expecting tighter drums and less ambience. I think you could perhaps narrow it first then open it up when the bgv come in, and then again when the solo and last chorus enters.
Just a suggestion. Sounds great though.

Hey Patrick. Thanks for listening and your thoughtful comments . You raise some interesting points. I spread the panning of FX returns either side of solo to widen it...with a narrower solo....maybe it was too subtle. I found the raw drums tracks a real challenge ... in the end I was thankful i got it to sound like anythingBig Grin
(08-11-2014, 10:19 PM)bmullen Wrote: Very nice. Vocals sound great. I agree about the snare. Maybe too much emphasis on the bottom?

Hey bob, thanks for that....glad you enjoyed it. I struggled with drums full stop so happy I got them to sound like something.....probably could have better balanced snare mics. cheers