Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot_Blue_Final Mix
Hello all! My name is Carl Fields Jr, I am a graduate student at Middle Tennessee State University's Recording Arts and Technologies Program. Here is a final mix of Patrick Talbot's Blue.

.mp3    Patrick Talbot_Blue_Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.45 MB)

Good mix overall Cata1y2t!
But I think you overdone the pitch correction. Seems you've quantized everything to the nearest note, which was unnecessary IMHO.
The vocal was already pitch corrected but with a lighter touch, leaving some emotion come through. I'm not a great singer but I don't think such a hard tuning is needed either.
Looks like it was automatic as well, if I judged by the "you could SAY she floats around all day..." at 0:53 where the note on "SAY" has been pitched down one half note...
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Hello Patrick!
Thanks for the feedback. I do apologize for tuning the vocals. Would it be ok if I pretty much post the same mix just without the tuning of the vocals? I think it would be much better then.

Carl Fields Jr
Hey Carl, no need to apologize! I'm not fussy. Wink And I'm not a real singer either, so I don't mind.
It's just that in your case you went too far with it and it's noticeable in a bad way...
For yourself you should learn when to do it and how much of it to use.
When you start losing the performance and introducing artifacts that's when you've gone too far IMHO.
Keep it up! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here