Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue mik123
Hi!

I love this song!

My mix!

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

.mp3    Blue mik123 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

Cool mix mik123!
You took a very different approach with a very dry mix, compared to what I had done...

I think the drums are too loud though, and the guitar is very low... I really miss it, and especially during the chorus.
The vocals (I know the sources are not great!) could have less low-end I think, especially with such a dry mix.

An interesting take, thanks for that and glad you love the song, more to come soon! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(31-10-2014, 03:57 PM)ptalbot Wrote: Cool mix mik123!
You took a very different approach with a very dry mix, compared to what I had done...

I think the drums are too loud though, and the guitar is very low... I really miss it, and especially during the chorus.
The vocals (I know the sources are not great!) could have less low-end I think, especially with such a dry mix.

An interesting take, thanks for that and glad you love the song, more to come soon! Smile

Hi!

Thanks for yours comments!

I am grateful for them!

New version with accepted suggestions! Big Grin

.mp3    Blue mik123 mix ver 2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.24 MB)

Interesting take on your mix - i like it - it has a jazz style drum and bass vibe,especially the intro

My ears are telling me that the vox level is a bit too high.......maybe cos the relatively present drum and bass in the intro draws you in as a listener to that direction then the vox come in over the top. Once the song develops i get to use to it....so maybe a case for (more) automation on the vox fader from section to section
Hi!

My mix ver. 3!

I use diferent ( better?) drums!

Thanks for listening! Big Grin

.mp3    BLUE mik 123 ver 3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.38 MB)

The new drums don't make much of a difference IMHO. Except during the chorus where I'm missing the brush swirls...
But an interesting take with the panning, I suppose you tried to get an oldies feel with the drums panned to the right and the rest on the opposite. I'm not sure I like it better (especially on headphones), but on speakers it's OK, kind of sounds like the drums were in the opposite corner from the PA in a jazz club Smile
The bass sounds good though, I like it that you've tamed some of the transients in a tasty way, and the vocals are very present.
The bgvs are too present IMHO, I like when they are tucked farther in the mix.
Overall a very different approach again! Cool job!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here