Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairytale - t643 mix
Here is my take on this track. The song sounds reminiscent of stuff by 2 of my favourite bands, REM and The Delgados, so I've really enjoyed mixing this one!

The guitar tracks have been summed to a bus with a compressor on it in order help them sit a little better amongst the other instrumentation as I thought they were a little harsh when left alone. The drums also seemed a little problematic, with the snare a particular issue. Some EQ and compression seemed to help things along though. Everything else fell together fairly easily, with some reverb and delays added to the backing vocals to pad things out a bit. As others have noticed, there seems to be some minor phasing going on with the vocals, but it didn't seem a big enough problem to spend too much time on!

My one negative thought about this mix is that it's quite compression heavy and the dynamics have been sucked out of it a bit. Would be interested to hear others opinions on this (and anything else related)!

.mp3    Fairytale.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Cool mix Tim!
very cool intro Tim.. it's challenging to line up the backup vocals like that, considering that the session was recorded without a click.