Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairytale
A pleasurable hour spent mashing this together

.mp3    Butterfly effect mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 11.09 MB)

Good job for An hour ,listening on headphones ,maybe bring the drums a touch forward as sound in the back ground compared to the rest of the band, the hi hat bleed is a problem in these tracks I'm having trouble getting it to sound like it is part of the kit and not too upfront Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

hello m.o.m,

Overall i really liked your mix and in general i found it really easy to listen to - I think for an hours work you've got a pretty coherent vision going on and the mix works well based upon the choices that you've made. I love the vocals in the final chorus

I think going forward the devil will be in the detail. The idea of a dry(er) upfront vocal and wet(ter) subdued drums is an interesting one - i think at the moment that you're pushing the illusion a bit far. The drums seem either too wet or too low so that they appear to be in a different space - like in another room almost.

The BGVs hanging out wide need more attention e.g at 4.15 they sound very sibilant

I like the spotlight you shine on the atmospheric guitar during verses - maybe the level could be automated as it occasionally seems too loud.

Nice job
thanks for the feedback guys and the time taken to listen and highlight some issues, it was very much a get the core sounds and static balance kinda job on this due to time.