Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summerghost
this is a great song... they did a great job recording it, too. after replacing the drum loop with samples and sorting out the wild sibilance on the male vocals, this came together pretty easily.

or so I think?

.mp3    Summerghost Master .mp3 --  (Download: 8.28 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Pretty good mix.

I like the flangey/phasey touches.

The bass could be louder or have more armonics or distortion and it will make the mix more energetic in my opinion.

Guitars sound good, very pleasing sounding.

Drums sound good. The snare could be less natural sounding in my opinion. But is a taste thing. Like i said before i dont like progammed drums pretending to be real. Specially at this slow tempo and sparce arrangement they get too exposed.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Thanks for the review! Great idea on the bass... I'd originally enhanced the high harmonics but second guessed myself, so I'll have a go at that when I revise.

It's interesting you envisioned a less natural drum sound, because that's entirely opposite to where my tastes took me... But that's the beauty of this gig, eh?
Sounds nice and balanced Pauli ! One I have to come back to end re mix soon , good job with the drums ,I'm wondering how it would sound if you l blended in a very subtle parallel compressed drum bus .
Maybe the bass could be just a touch more fatter in the bottom end Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

That's a good idea, don. I used a compressor as an insert on the drum buss, but listening back I think I squashed the peaks too much on the snare... A pcomp strategy could sort that right out, I think.

I'll give yours a listen in the morning and undoubtedly get a load of other ideas Big Grin