Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Burning Bridges quick mix
Decided to give this one a quick try while I was waiting on a friend, let me know what ya think of it!

.mp3    Burning Bridges.mp3 --  (Download: 8.88 MB)

I like how the drums sound, but I think the guitars could be little bit louder. Smile
First advice: If you want feedback on your mix, give feedback to other peoples mixes first.

The guitars are not loud enough and the kick has to much low end, especially in the chorus/doublebass parts. the cymbals should be turned down a little. I like that you wanted to be creative with the melody/solo guitars but the notes don't fit with the rest of the song. is this a mistake or did you do this by choice?
(20-10-2014, 12:54 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: First advice: If you want feedback on your mix, give feedback to other peoples mixes first.

The guitars are not loud enough and the kick has to much low end, especially in the chorus/doublebass parts. the cymbals should be turned down a little. I like that you wanted to be creative with the melody/solo guitars but the notes don't fit with the rest of the song. is this a mistake or did you do this by choice?

I just honestly feel like I'm not that good at giving feedback haha
But the guitars at the end werent messed with at all haha thats how they came.
I don't think so Smile Check your files or load the solos, they are totally messed up. don't you use the mixed & mastered song of burning bridges as a ref track?
(23-10-2014, 11:13 AM)Blitzzz Wrote: I don't think so Smile Check your files or load the solos, they are totally messed up. don't you use the mixed & mastered song of burning bridges as a ref track?

I honestly don't like hearing the other mix before I do my own. For me it always ends up sounding different closer to that mix than my own style.
Thats EXACTLY what reference mixes are for Smile to get you in the ballpark where it sounds good, not weird.