Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird, Phasey-Sounding Vocal
Hey guys! I've been listening to the tracks that I downloaded and noticed that the vocal sounds a bit weird in places - kinda like it has a phasey, mid-range honky-ness to it in spots.

Are you hearing that as well? If so, how did you deal with it?
Hi Indemuse,

Yes, I heard that too. To be honest I didn't succeed in removing it no matter what I tried.
Maybe someone else can offer a possible solution to that problem?

Best regards,
Markus
Phase jiggery pockery is likely.... It was recorded in a less than ideal room. Keep the dynamics under control and you'll find the tone at least a little easier to manage, but you're better off just going with it and mixing instead of fixing, yeah?
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(21-10-2014, 08:37 AM)pauli Wrote: Phase jiggery pockery is likely.... It was recorded in a less than ideal room. Keep the dynamics under control and you'll find the tone at least a little easier to manage, but you're better off just going with it and mixing instead of fixing, yeah?

I thought it was something like that, but then again it sounded quite extreme sometimes.
I already mixed it (and uploaded this morning) - but I'm less than happy with my result. I have to admit I kind of got lost trying new plugins + outboard gear. Smile Have to mix it again from scratch.