Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THe Butterfly Effect - "Preach Right Here" Xaurudame Mix
This is my first mix on this forum, any feedback is welcome!

The biggest problem with this mix I could see is phase. The acoustics toward the end were a phase nightmare! It was a challenging mix, there still aren't things I like about it but I want to know your feedback.

Thanks in Advance!
- Robert (a.k.a. Xaurudame)

.mp3    04 - The Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Here.mp3 --  (Download: 6.19 MB)

Pronounced Zar-oo-da-may
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they painted alot.
I dont think your mix sounds "phasy." Or if it did, you overcame your phase issues. Only thing that disturbs me a bit are the drums. They sound kind of too lo-fi compared to the rest of the mix. Otherwise I like your balance. The lead vocal could use a bit more reverb if you ask me.
(11-11-2014, 09:48 AM)kapu Wrote: I dont think your mix sounds "phasy." Or if it did, you overcame your phase issues. Only thing that disturbs me a bit are the drums. They sound kind of too lo-fi compared to the rest of the mix. Otherwise I like your balance. The lead vocal could use a bit more reverb if you ask me.

You are right. The drums sound too dry, like they were recorded in 70s. Main vocal could use more reverb but I think that delay can serve better as reverb than reverb itself if u know how to EQ it properly or it can be that nice ping pongy thing that goes from one speaker to another. Snare could use more reverb. That acoustic guitar in the begining that plays melody would sound better in center.