Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Analog Dude_v2
After some great advice from the gang here, I decided to modify some of my bad habits and try another tune. This is a new "addiction", so I am trying to weed out obvious flaws in my process. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you all in advance................Curley

.mp3    WHO I AM.mp3 --  (Download: 2.85 MB)

It seems to me you have some processing goin on making things sound strange.
One of the mixers here, Olli H, have a great solution
Turn off all processin. No eq no comp no nothing
Only use pan, volume and eventually low cut.
Print it when you have a decent balance
Reference whatever processin you put on it to this mix
If the unprocessed mix sound better you should look into your habits regardin eq, comp and 2bus processin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I can't slip anything past you guys! Excellent advice again. New toys always get over used. I used them all on this one.
What kind of reading should I be doing at this point. There is so much information available that I am at a loss as to where to begin.
Perhaps I'm just being impatient. Must learn to walk before running. A good foundation is lacking at this point.

Thanks again. Your support is greatly appreciated...............Curley
My advice use only eq, comp and verb. Listen if it does any improvement.
Its that simple. If the raw tracks sound good doont do anything!
Pensados place is an excellent site
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
WOW!!! After taking your advice, I listened again. I did kinda' turn it into a circus act didn't I? I just have to back up and check the foundation. I'm off to Pensado's place.

Thanks for your time. It makes a great difference.......................Curley

OLD HIPPIES NEVER DIE.........WE JUST SMELL THAT WAY.