Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Juliet's Rescue - Heartbeats
Hello

Here is my mix or at least the first version.
Feel free to comment or criticize.

.m4a    Heartbeats 01 Master 01.m4a --  (Download: 9.99 MB)

Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.
Wow... I thought my mix was good, but this one is excellent - some really good technique. My only criticism is that the kicks get a bit lost beneath all those guitars but otherwise, really good job Smile

Oh wait.. got right to the end of the track and realized that you didn't fix the clicks on the vocal right at the end. What I did was find a section that matched it - but without clicks and just swapped them Wink
(11-10-2014, 05:55 AM)WongKiShoo Wrote: Wow... I thought my mix was good, but this one is excellent - some really good technique. My only criticism is that the kicks get a bit lost beneath all those guitars but otherwise, really good job Smile
Thank you.
I think my mix is closer to rock than dance and I probably didn't give the kick the place it should have had. I haven't mix "club rock" before. Didn't even know that there was such a genre Wink

(11-10-2014, 05:55 AM)WongKiShoo Wrote: Oh wait.. got right to the end of the track and realized that you didn't fix the clicks on the vocal right at the end. What I did was find a section that matched it - but without clicks and just swapped them Wink
I tweak the kick for hours and this is what happens Blush
Practice your analytic listening skills.
Listen others mixes and give feedback.
Become a better mixer.