Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach right here mixed by Sardhouse
Hi, this is my mix. i spent almost 11 hours in total (divided in three days), i re-masted the track several times and now i'm satisfied.
I correct some wrong voice/background vocal (pitch), i cut out a lot of noise from the shakers, i used a lot of "weapons" and automations just to let the sound speak for itself keeping my ego invisible. surely my drum is lacking on ambience (compared to the original mix) but i like this way.
happy listening and TURN UP THE VOLUME,
Sardhouse

.mp3    ButterflyEffect - Preach Right Here (mixed by Sardhouse) 160k.mp3 --  (Download: 5.17 MB)

Recording engineer David Williams said, “It’s quite ironic: We got rid of our
analog equipment, replaced it with digital, then spent the next couple
of decades trying to get the digital to sound like the analog we
got rid of.”
Hi,

I think you have the elements of a nice mix here. First of all let me applaud the lovely dynamic mix you've presented. Its makes listening so much more enjoyable and allows the listener to hear all the instruments, so well done on that front.

In terms of balance, you've carved up the frequency spectrum quite nicely so all the instruments have their own place, the vocals are clear and the snare has punch and drive.

However the overall tonality of the mix is quite mid-rangey, so whilst you've created space for everything, there is also a build up of frequency making the overall tone a bit boxy. This is quite normal with so many acoustic instruments and can be simply fixed by a small, wide 1-2 db cut in the master buss EQ around 500hz (q~0.3).

The bottom end also seems a little bit light on groove. The snare is fine, but bass and kick....to my ears sometimes i can hear it, sometimes i can't. This is maybe because you're relying on the fundamental frequencies of the bass around 30-40Hz. If you solve the mid-range, maybe the bottom will shine more.

Cheers

Hi Hb,
thank you so much sir! loudness war must end, and i want to contribute.
i have some trouble mastering tracks because my lack of pro equipment (i'm using only AKG 702 headphones, no reference loudspeaker).
Low end has been corrected (with a pulteq emulation previously i cut 1.5db on 20hz), this afternoon (before reading your post) i did the cut around 500 - 600 hz i can't remember exactly.
a new file has been uploaded but i still have to correct the kick, bass.
cheers
got rid of.”
some nasty resonances where cut out in the mix, i re mastered the track from scratch (new eq curve plus stereo enhancement). enjoy

.mp3    ButterflyEffect - Preach Right Here (mixed by Sardhouse) 160k.mp3 --  (Download: 5.17 MB)

got rid of.”