Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loud and Clear - Cefe´s MIX
My version of this one.

I think my low end is a bit weak, but not sure...what you think?

Thanks for listening. Any comments/suggestions are very welcome.

.mp3    Loud and Clear - Cefe´s MIX.mp3 --  (Download: 10.11 MB)

.mp3    Loud and Clear - Cefes Mix V2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.45 MB)

I like the band sound but I think that you have some problems with your vocal sound. It feels as if it’s shrunken by too deep eq-cuts.

In choruses and bridges you might try to put some vox also to middle, now it’s all background.

On the other hand, in verses it almost feels that it’s duetto singing. Maybe you could chose other track as the main vox, and if you still want to use the other track, make it so that it functions as mere enhancement of the main vox.
Thanks for your comments. Just posted a V2 based on your suggestions. Just turned up 2db on the middle choruses and bridges vocals. On the lead vocal just balanced a bit better (i think?) between the two takes. There is basically no Eq on them, just 2db cut in the 500hz area and 2db up in 13khz. What do you mean by shrunken? like getting thinner at times or something like that?

Cheers
To me it sounds better now.

Maybe it was the dryness of the vocals in verse that made me feel that something shrinks when wide stereo chorus ends and dry mono verse begins. Just a bit of small ambience to verse vocal might make that movement feel smoother.
Latest version sounds a bit too compressed overall to me, and I'm guessing it's a combination of pre-channel, buss, and master compression, rather than just the one stage. Ends up making the choruses in particular a bit too punk for this music for me. This feels like it needs more of a classic rock sound for me, which means giving it a bit more room to breathe. The electric guitar feels a bit too aggressively high-pass filtered too, because I think i could have a little more weight, although you'd have to clear some room out of the bass tone for it.