Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Loud And Clear RJMIX
Hi,

Fun track to mix! I felt doing some shaping of the guitar and piano. I also needed a bit of time to get the drums the way I liked it.

Cheers!

RJ

.mp3    Loud And Clear RJMIX1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

.mp3    Loud And Clear RJMIX2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

.mp3    Loud And Clear RJMIX3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

Really nice mix .... great job
Okay, someone who decided that the out of tune vocals just weren't gonna do. Nice. Smile

I'm not looking forward to this one. I'd like to keep the multitrack VOX up front but not sure I have good enough melodyne skills. That and I'm busy enough that I don't think I'm gonna make Mike's deadline... Oh well. That's what happens with hobbies!
Old West Audio
Very good one! I like it.

Strong and nice sounding drums, but are they slightly too strong? Or maybe the kick and bass are fighting of the same space. I’m not sure but something on that area bothers me, but I’m not able to pinpoint it exactly.

But anyhow, I think this very good mix.
Great work with the vocals they sound great. I agree with olli's comment/query. I think the bass and kick are working against each other.
Thanks for the feedback!
I agree: I put a hi-pass filter on the bass to make room for the Kik.
I added a new mix..

Cheers!

(04-10-2014, 09:14 PM)sano Wrote: Great work with the vocals they sound great. I agree with olli's comment/query. I think the bass and kick are working against each other.

I just made a new mix (3) with some volume-tweaks in the backingvocals.

I also dialed a little bit of the lows back of the bass guitar, because I missed the low-end.

CHeers!
Latest version has a pretty decent balance throughout -- good job! The hat feels a bit tizzy at times, and the vocal tuning could have been tightened to improve the vocal blend, but your effects are doing a grand job with that otherwise. I reckon you could have dropped down the mid-section more, though, to give the final chorus more of a sense of arrival -- in particular I think I'd have dried up the reverbs a bit after "devotions" for the "all I want..." build-up.
Having now listened through to all the latest versions in this subforum, I'm delighted to announce that ERJEE's mix has made it as my pick for this multitrack's new preview mix. ERJEE, if you can PM me a link you want me to put into the library listing on your behalf, I'll get that sorted ASAP.

Honourable mention should also be made of Klangbild, OlliH, takka360, and Voelund, who also made my shortlist, but it was ERJEE's version that felt most right to me on an emotional level, so I went for that!

Thanks everyone for your contributions, and also for the fantastic feedback I see so many of you giving so generously! I was trying to focus as much as possible on improvement points in my own feedback within limited time, which might give an overall negative impression, so let me just add that overall I've been impressed how well most of you immediately cottoned on to a respectable balance for this multitrack, which is not without some significant challenges! As I demonstrated in my own original attempt... Smile
Gongratulations ERJEE !