Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fairytale - HB Mix
My mix

.mp3    Fairytale_HB Mix_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 11.03 MB)

This is very nice, hb. The guitars sound great and the vocal sits very nicely. To be honest, I'm having a devil if a time with this song... It doesn't seem to want to do what I tell it to do... So I'm quite impressed.

I think the drum sound might be a little weak and tonally thin, but I'm not sure if that can be helped, because there seems to be a fair bit of phasey room sound on the snare mic. I think the song may have been recorded in a smallish, very live sounding room, which is always tricky for me, but you've performed splendidly as per usual. A very nice, well balanced mix.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hi HB
Im Also having fun with this mix and i like the sound of your mix ,Nice Snare ,the cymbals (overhead,s) sound a touch upfront Big Grin .

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Nice sounding mix here,great vox.
Really well done maybe the oh are a bit loud
(28-09-2014, 08:48 AM)pauli Wrote: This is very nice, hb. The guitars sound great and the vocal sits very nicely. To be honest, I'm having a devil if a time with this song... It doesn't seem to want to do what I tell it to do... So I'm quite impressed.

I think the drum sound might be a little weak and tonally thin, but I'm not sure if that can be helped, because there seems to be a fair bit of phasey room sound on the snare mic. I think the song may have been recorded in a smallish, very live sounding room, which is always tricky for me, but you've performed splendidly as per usual. A very nice, well balanced mix.

Hey buddy, thanks for dropping by. Thanks for your feedback.

Re drums, my current thing is "au natural"...well not totally...there is a bit of saturation, smidge of EQ on the bottom end and 2 db compression on drum buss to tie 'em together....but I'm consciously leaving things alone unless i absolutely have to....and then really only to enhance and stabilize rather than change outright....you've heard enough of my over-compressed mush of the past to know i was often over eager with processing

Cheers
(28-09-2014, 11:02 AM)thedon Wrote: Hi HB
Im Also having fun with this mix and i like the sound of your mix ,Nice Snare ,the cymbals (overhead,s) sound a touch upfront Big Grin .

Hey Don - glad you liked it.....great song...really enjoy mixing this band...great way to spend a sunday

OH's.....yeah guilty....always have them too low so consciously trying to push 'em a bit
(28-09-2014, 12:14 PM)takka360 Wrote: Nice sounding mix here,great vox.
Really well done maybe the oh are a bit loud
thanks mate....OH's ....my new thing...always guilty of having em too low...not today..Big Grin

Cheers
If it helps I found the snare to be a bit out of phase with the overheads. A teeny timing adjustment helps.
(28-09-2014, 02:15 PM)pauli Wrote: If it helps I found the snare to be a bit out of phase with the overheads. A teeny timing adjustment helps.

You're spot-on....i didn't check that....and i should have....Blush
Always a good idea to check phase on the overheads Big Grin

I'm not sure about the phase on the room track, but I'm also not sure I even want to use it...