Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preach Right Here - JMac
I have a little different arrangement than most of the other folks, most notably I didn't use the dulcimer in the middle parts of the song, opting for bigger guitars in the bridge and at the end.

Any and all feedback welcome!

J

.mp3    Preach Right Here.mp3 --  (Download: 10.55 MB)

I like your point of view on this mix, good ideas!
I think maybe you've gone a little too far with some volume automation (of guitars and back vox), again it's cool to me but maybe too evident, believe they'd do their work even with a more descrete approach, without moving listener's attention from the song.
That for my personal taste of course!
Another thing I liked much is the distorted voice, had the thought to use it on my mix too but already used it in Angelsaint mix, so I didn't.
But it sounds so cool to me, gives a wonderful variation

Marco
(29-09-2014, 03:23 AM)marco Wrote: I think maybe you've gone a little too far with some volume automation (of guitars and back vox), again it's cool to me but maybe too evident, believe they'd do their work even with a more descrete approach, without moving listener's attention from the song.

Thanks for that feedback. This is the most that I've used volume automation and I can hear that I need to look for more subtlety.

(29-09-2014, 03:23 AM)marco Wrote: Another thing I liked much is the distorted voice, had the thought to use it on my mix too but already used it in Angelsaint mix, so I didn't.
But it sounds so cool to me, gives a wonderful variation

Marco

Thanks, I used a heavy-handed filter on the vox after the interlude. I've never done that before but it was something I heard going there the first time I listened to the track.

J

Yes i inappropriately wrote "distorted", more intending the heavy-filtering effect maybe, but you got me right.
It's cool and well used, i can hear it was the song asking you for that as the result is very natural and in harmony with the song - at least to my ears! -