Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFTZ encore - Voelund
This band has Jack Johnson written all over them.
I thought it needed an ending though and made a fake one.
And a fake double track of the bv, and were a little creative with it.
Time to listen to some mixes Big Grin

.mp3    BFTS Encore 07a lim.mp3 --  (Download: 9.32 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
yo. My observations...
Lovely lead vocal! it sits really well in the mix. Also the backing vocals, very nice job. I like what you did on the end.
I think the low end is a bit messy. I can't hear the kick almost through out the song, the Bass is totally masking it. At least in my room and speakers. In my opinion the bass should come down and maybe more eq as it eating a lots of your freq, from low to mids.
On my second listening now...
Besides the above comments I think the rest sounds good. But I will defo would like to hear it with less bass and see how it sounds then.

Cheers,
Thanks for sharing
Thanks for the comments ! I wondered if I should make a "hole" in the bas (sidechain kick to compressor on bas bus) but choose not to.
The lvl has come down (I love bas) but maybe I should go even further.
Glad you like it.
Balance bas/kick is a hard nut to crack sometimes
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I like the vibe in your mix. You've brought out the natural essence of this song nicely.

I agree with Cefe's comments. On the other hand, it could be just that too loud bass that creates special feeling to this version. Anyway, thanks for helping me to find a next song to mix. Smile
And I will look forward to your version.
I agree - for me the bas is so important, root note, pulse, mood.
I will gladly sacrifice the kick for that, but I didnt work hard to make it cut through, maybe I will.
I really like it, but I agree that the bass is a bit too loud and boomy. Usually I have the same problem with my mixes and need to go back to correct it. Maybe it has something with the ears getting tired when mixing for a long time