Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix and Master - Street Noise Revelations by Lucas Saldanha.
Hey ppl! My first mix/master in this forum. I hope you like.
Any suggestions, please post . Thank you!

.mp3    Stree Noise Revelations MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 7.44 MB)

This is pretty good. Overall I think it's a bit bass heavy and the kick should be more forward. It's also too heavily compressed on the master bus for a 70's track. The keys should come out more too. I like the conga sound.
Check out my band! MyopicDC.com
Could use more body on that kick drum. I hear the beater and pretty much that's it. May want to consider either hooking that up with a sample or perhaps adding in a touch of sub-kick to it to give it a bit of weight.

Balance on this one is hard. The parts contrast quite a bit. I would suggest the lead guitar (left channel) drop back a touch. Doing that will also make more room for the vocal.

And I agree... be careful using a limiter on the mix bus. Here, you're probably better off keeping your peaks at about -2.0 to -3.5 and just letting the track stand on its own without bus compression. WRT the other main aspect of "mastering", that being EQ adjustments (and I don't know if you did any here. I'm merely adding in the comment), it could also be said that if you as a mix engineer are sticking an EQ on your mix bus to fix something, your mix is wrong and you should be spending the effort to find the source, not compensating for it. It'll sound better if if you do.
Old West Audio