Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore - HB Mix
Had fun blending guitars and vox on this one.

.mp3    Shore_HB Mix_Master.mp3 --  (Download: 8.7 MB)

Nice mix,is the bass a tad loud?are the bv a bit low?.
Good work.
this sounds really good to me.
i like audible bass, its works for me.
but there are too many harsh treble in the mix (particularly vocals). with the de-esser you could resolve this problem.
Liked the overall feel of this mix. Not my cup of tea in terms of balance but who cares when it works. Right? This mix works for me in a way that I feel like I'm in some kind of club where the band's playing. The spacing, the reverb, the "thumpiness" of the bass and the kick really make this mix for me.
Definitely a nice one!
(20-09-2014, 11:55 AM)takka360 Wrote: Nice mix,is the bass a tad loud?are the bv a bit low?.
Good work.

Thanks mate....bedding in new monitors so yeah, bass could be a smidge up but it sounded ok in my cans too so i went with it.

Cheers
(20-09-2014, 01:49 PM)dryfat Wrote: this sounds really good to me.
i like audible bass, its works for me.
but there are too many harsh treble in the mix (particularly vocals). with the de-esser you could resolve this problem.

thanks for the feedback

I've actually got 4 x de-essers going on! lol...1 on the vox buss and the other three on FX returns. Vox buss is pulling around -10db on harshest bits and FX returns are maxed out. There's maybe scope for a bit more on vox buss but its a bit of a compromise between " Ssssand on the Sssshore" and "Thand on the Thor"

Cheers
(20-09-2014, 09:24 PM)thelongestyear Wrote: Liked the overall feel of this mix. Not my cup of tea in terms of balance but who cares when it works. Right? This mix works for me in a way that I feel like I'm in some kind of club where the band's playing. The spacing, the reverb, the "thumpiness" of the bass and the kick really make this mix for me.
Definitely a nice one!

Thanks for the feedback....Appreciate the fact you enjoyed the mix even though its not necessarily how you would of mixed it...not everyone is able to do that.

Cheers