Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atrophitus (GreyMIX)
Allo! I'm new here!! I'm trying to build up my portfolio. Any and all critique would be tooootally awesome. (especially for the kick drum, I can't seem to figure that one out very well) TANKS

.mp3    Atrophy (Doppler Shift).mp3 --  (Download: 12.63 MB)

Hey, welcome to forum. I like what you've done with a lot of this mix. I think the overall instrument balance is good, and I think the rhythm section of bass, kick and snare sound fine. I don't hear any obvious problems with the kick. from memory the supplied track is fairly clickety clack but I'm not picking that up

2 things that struck me

1) you have quite a bit of roll-off between 4-10kHz, which means your mix sounds quite dark. If that's the sound you're after then that's ok as it not overpowering. However a small boost in this area in the master buss would give you a bit more pop and drive from the snare and open the mix up a bit.

2) i think vox is borderline in how it sits in the chorus .... I'm not sure if its maybe a little too wet, or whether the synths are bit high, or maybe just a level thing but i think its worth looking again at the balance in these sections

cheers