Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix of Backroom in Tulsa
Verry nice song. It has a good vibe to it. I think I mixed it well.

.mp3    untitled68.mp3 --  (Download: 8.81 MB)

I think the vocals are a bit upfront and kinda loud in context..
Snare/cymbals too..
I think im getting your trying to get it ambient and soothing but in my system it's sounding weird..
I like the electric/acoustic combo bridge Smile
And from 2.20 and on..i dig Big Grin

In general i think it needs small automation pieces here and there, cuz everything seems still, and they dont combine well until the 2.15-2.20 point. Then i get your music Wink

Cheers Smile
(17-09-2014, 01:20 AM)Vosk0z Wrote: I think the vocals are a bit upfront and kinda loud in context..
Snare/cymbals too..
I think im getting your trying to get it ambient and soothing but in my system it's sounding weird..
I like the electric/acoustic combo bridge Smile
And from 2.20 and on..i dig Big Grin

In general i think it needs small automation pieces here and there, cuz everything seems still, and they dont combine well until the 2.15-2.20 point. Then i get your music Wink

Cheers Smile

Now, listen to my next mix of that song, I hope you will like it.

.mp3    backroom.mp3 --  (Download: 8.73 MB)

It is better, at least for my taste..
But.. wheres that kick ? Big Grin
can't hear it :o
Sure, better balance of bass/toms, nice ambience Wink
Ah, the electro/acoustic guitar on the bridge part could be a bit lower in order to blend in context?
It's going somewhere mate Smile

Cheers~
PS. I think our "control rooms" are problematic so every time we should be hearing sth wrong Tongue
I find it a very interesting and powerful mix. However I think you went a bit too far with the drums (it has an interesting rock feel to it though). Also your reverb sounds a bit weird in the beginning (kind of almost like an echo).
(15-05-2015, 07:08 PM)Stefanos Ioannou Wrote: I find it a very interesting and powerful mix. However I think you went a bit too far with the drums (it has an interesting rock feel to it though). Also your reverb sounds a bit weird in the beginning (kind of almost like an echo).

Maybe reverb used on the electric guitar that enters first sounds weird but I dont think that it sounds so wrong. Let me try a 3rd mix (2015 version, both mixes were from 2013 or 14) . Drums will now have more bluesy and relaxed vibe to them and I will not use that big hall reverb on electric gtr 1.

.mp3    tulsa.mp3 --  (Download: 8.91 MB)

Your newest mix is completely different than what I heard, but it's a cool vibe, man. The only thing, and this is going to sound odd, but i feel like the piano needs to be muddier. It feels a little like a guy playing a digital piano right now. It just feels like it needs a kind of grittiness to it, i guess. I like your balances and what you did with the guitar.

It has a cool feel.

Draper