Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Wind
Here is my mix of this song. The song itself is good, has a good arrangement but it was recorded bad. I think that I made it sound better. Tell me what you think.

.mp3    untitled66.mp3 --  (Download: 7.41 MB)

Anyone ?!
Strange you have a 5 star but no feedback
A little bit of feedback, your tambo is louder than your lead vox
The mix in general is all over the place
(17-02-2015, 01:11 AM)takka360 Wrote: Strange you have a 5 star but no feedback
A little bit of feedback, your tambo is louder than your lead vox
The mix in general is all over the place

How do you mean that it is all over the place. I listened to most mixes and they have bad drums and problems with lead vocal. I think that my mix is not in that case. I think that gods have given me 5 stars (they like this mix).
I think you give yourself 5 stars,it don't sound like your even mixing on decent monitors .
The mix is all out of phase for a start .
Most people didn't sort out the phase problems that's why.
What are you monitoring with? Something tells me your speakers/headphones have a huge low-mid frequency boost...
The Kick & Snare do indeed sound nice, and so do the vocals, but I can't really say the same for the rest.
All of the metal stuff is indeed a bit too loud, but that doesn't bother me...
What does bother me most is that the guitars and the rest of the instrunments.. They seem thin and distant...
I'm just trying to be helpful...
Like takka suggested, make sure everything is phase-coherent. Also make sure you're not high-passing anything too high, or doing any DRASTIC (Like 10dB) low-mid cuts on the guitars. If the added low-end makes your snare disappear, try boosting 1.5k-3k my a couple of dB on the snare and cutting the same ammount on the guitars. Wink

Hope this helps!
So let me do the version 2
Keep the snare relative to the snare not to far! hi hats -3bd should sit better bring those guitars up brother!!
keep in mind the word balance...and.. space..
Version 2

.mp3    wind 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.39 MB)

Any coments on v2 ?