Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Snowmine - Voelund
09-09-2014, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 12:50 PM by Voelund.)
Snowmine - Voelund
Had a great time mixin this, so many details once you know the multi and great ideas and song.
Dont think I ditched anything, moved some parts around and lots of automation under the hood.
A mono plate came in handy for the vocals, which I mixed way louder than I use to, but it suited this song.
To my ears that is.

.mp3   Snowmine 5 MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.77 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Snowmine - Voelund
Interesting to hear your version you've really made the bass the main feature, to me it seems to be the most forward instrument in your mix.

You mentioned you mixed the vocal verb louder than usual but to me it seems to be clouding the vocal making the words difficult to make out and understand.
09-09-2014, 11:08 PM
RE: Snowmine - Voelund
(09-09-2014 10:44 PM)sano Wrote:  Interesting to hear your version you've really made the bass the main feature, to me it seems to be the most forward instrument in your mix.

You mentioned you mixed the vocal verb louder than usual but to me it seems to be clouding the vocal making the words difficult to make out and understand.

Thx for visiting and comment
I meant the vocal lvl in general. As I just loved the double voxes and the plate verb I might have overdone both Big Grin
And the bas is my usual weak spot, leveling it too high. I love bas

Aint it funny if my old pal John Lennon had posted his "come together" here (if such a site had existed back then) he would be told the bas is too loud no doubt Big Grin

Since you dont mention the saturation I guess thats not overdone.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order

Access my tutorial videos!
Advertisement: