Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through My eyes My Mix
Hello everyone! As always any suggestions are welcome and I hope you will like it!

.mp3    Through My Eyes 05:09:2014.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

.mp3    Through My Eyes 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.24 MB)

Hot damn, Andreas, this is great! You commented on my snare sound, but I quite like yours, too!

I notice a few potential opportunities for improvement: the lead vocal intro, while breathtaking (literally, my heart skipped a beat more than once Smile ) is a bit too loud. The high vocal level is making it hard for you to really blow up during the choruses, which don't have quite enough power compared to the verses. The verses at times had my eyes watering at the sweetness and tender delivery, but the verses connected with me more emotionally than the choruses, so I think you should give that a look.

There's also some pretty severe and audible compression on the lead vocal in a few places throughout the mix. You're very in control, and that's a good thing, but you'll get more power out of a more dynamic vocal. I suggest a soft knee design for more transparency and a lower ratio... there's also maybe a bit too much in the low end, you don't need as much in pop, and this will also improve the way your compressor reacts to the level. It sounds like you may have dipped the high frequency values of the vocals, but it's possible that the low mids are masking it a bit. As I recall the vocal track has a lot of lovely air around 8000, and that'll give you enough "cut" so you won't need as much compression. My personal strategy was to use tape saturation to level the vocals out a bit less distractingly, and to use a simple compressor to catch any errant peaks.

The guitar solo could use a good deal more low end, but that track's contributions sound perfect elsewhere. Simple automation fix: ease up on the low shelving/highpass bandwidth!

Great job Andreas, I'm really impressed.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Hello pauli! Thank you very much for your advice! I agree at all with you and I tried some changes so if you want take a look and tell me if I did it well or not.
(05-09-2014, 01:12 AM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hello everyone! As always any suggestions are welcome and I hope you will like it!

After a long time I decided to make a new version of the song (new toys and new techniques). I hope you like it. Cheers!!

.mp3    Through My Eyes.mp3 --  (Download: 9.19 MB)