Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Nobody - Stitch up mix
I loved the song, it has many elements so you can choose whatever you want to get different sounds within the same song. I really enjoyed mixing it. Hope you like the result.

.mp3    Bobby_Nobody_Stitch_up.mp3 --  (Download: 8.07 MB)

Cool mix Smile
Do something wit the lead voice. It sounds way too much in front of everything. I like the "dry" sound in verses but in chorus it should sound a bit more exciting. I've made it more airy ...
That's True! in fact, I changed that when I listened your mix. i liked it. And I also fattened the snare a little bit.

Thanks!
Your cymbals are pretty aggressive in the top octaves, which is putting them into an arms race against the clear vocals and guitars. I'd try to notch out some of the harshest frequencies to gain yourself a little more room for manoeuvre. A bit more referencing/break-taking might be worthwhile too, because those frequencies are easily fatigued in the ear, so you might just have got used to them that way, so didn't hear anything out of line.

I also wonder whether the HF emphasis is convincing you that the choruses are bigger than they actually are. For me you're lacking a bit in the crucial 600Hz-1.2kHz octave, which is making the mix feel just a touch hollow.