Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges MUST LISTEN
This is my take on the song. It took me a few days just to get a solid drum sound and mix between all the instruments and tracks. I also added a bass drop at 1:22 when the breakdown starts, just thought it would be cool to have one in there. Hope you like it, and feel free to comment and share your ideas.

.mp3    Burning Bridges - Dark Ride.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

I fixed some little things up from the last mix. I made the guitar solos more prominent, and i added a light DeEsser to the vocals to smooth them out and I changed the panning of a few of the guitar solo tracks. hope you like it more than the last mix Smile

.mp3    Burning Bridges - Dark Ride 1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

LISTEN TO THIS MIX. I adjusted little things in the mix and brought the mids up on the entire mix to make it more open sounding. @Blitzzz

.mp3    Burning Bridges - Dark Ride 1.5.mp3 --  (Download: 8.64 MB)

Mix 3 has waaaaaay too much bass and not enough separation. Mix 2 sounds okay most of the time, but bass and kick are not really separated. The kick has to much bass in every mix. You can't mix a boomy bass kick like this with so many doublebass parts (at 1:20).

As I said in other threads this song doesn't need big changes in the EQ/comp department. You can mix it with just filters, panning and automation and it will be okay. I`m still waiting for someone to really "mix" this song = making changes to the structure, adding creative effects, doing interesting stuff with delays/flanger etc.

But yeah, don't take my words too seriously. I´m just a normal guy like everyone else on this forum. You don't have to agree with the things I write.
I honestly don't know how to get the separation to be greater. It must be cubase or something, because I have tried numerous techniques and things to try to separate it more but nothing works. I would agree that the kick is boomy but I wanted to go for a We Came As Romans sounding kick drum because I absolutely love their drums in general. I probably overdid the bass on the kick.

I will try my best to post a new and improved mix sometime soon.
Alright, i remixed this song and completely changed the kick sound so it sounds better in the mix with less bass. I also adjusted some other minor things, and improved the overall sound of the mix. Everything should sit better in this mix, compared to my previous mixes. @Blitzzz

.mp3    Burning Bridges - Dark Ride 1.6.mp3 --  (Download: 8.63 MB)

Thumbs up! It's a good mix =)