Poll: Do you want one more song of the Forkupines?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Nah, first one sucked for mixing.
2.78%
1 2.78%
Only if it isn't as hard to mix as Semantics!
2.78%
1 2.78%
Yes, I love challenges!
94.44%
34 94.44%
Total 36 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Official Producer of Semantics - FAQ about the original mix!
Hi wurstdrummer,

I'd like to echo pauli's comments and say a big thank-you for giving us all access to your tracks. Would love to have a go at any other songs that you are willing to let free into the forum....and I've voted accordingly

challenging mixes make us better mixers...and i haven't done a mix yet which isn't a challenge, for whatever reason...I did a single mono track mix once and that was damn hard....

Thanks again for taking the time to check into the forum. Feedback/input from artists/producers is like gold-dustBig Grin

I would definitely love to get more tracks from Forkupines to mix. They're such a joy to mix, not because they're easy to mix, but because they're FUN to mix.
- Elena Íviel Williams.
twitter: @elenaiwilliams
facebook.com/elenaiwilliams
youtube.com/elenaiwilliams
Hey guys,
I'm proud to announce a whole lot of new tracks. I'll be recording with the band next year and the tracks could be provided as soon as the songs are released; means around October 2015. Smile
I actually found it really easy to mix compared to other songs...
But maybe it was just more fun to mix (Like Elena said), making it seem less stressful/tiring or whatever...
Looking forward to the new tracks! Smile
Thanks for the upload Big Grin . Ive taken a break from mixing that song a few weeks ago bc of the drums being over quantized. Everything i did to help just made it worse for me. I might just trigger the whole kit and start there. Ill give it another shot. BTW by no means is this a complaint. Ive done some recording and made the same mistakes on trying to make everythiing perfect. I either use midi drum kit or not over quatize. Thanks again and look for my mix in the next few weeks.
Personally I saw nothing wrong with the files and I found the mix very easy to navigate and was fun to do Smile
Ditto. The tracks were nicely recorded and fun to work with.

Any new material from the same band/producer would be gratefully received.
Good news everyone (shoutout to all Futurama fans here) - we just finished tracking the new EP of the Forkupines.
This time we got some really good material. The band visited a professional studio for drum tracking and we spent more time with amp microphone placement, used some decent mics for vocals etc (for example shure sm7 and AKG Perception Tube 800).
I'll provide both microphone signals of snare, kick and toms, and trigger signals (but as audio tracks so you can use them for compressors, gates or to replace the mic signals with samples).
I'm not using flex time this time so there will be no phase issues this time. All editing is done "manually" and I'm trying to work as clean as I can.
Not spoiling much more, but there will be six tracks on the EP of which at least one will be uploaded here and (depending of your feedback) maybe more.

As far as I can say you'll get:
-Two guitar signals (different microphones and placements) for each guitar line (Sennheiser e609 and shure sm57) through an Orange AD30 and a DV Mark C412 cab,
-Two bass guitar signals (DI and Amped with the band's preferred sound),
drums:
-two overheads, two room mics, one ambient mic, one "mess"mic (I'll say more to that later), Hat, Ride, Kick in/out, Toms (2), Snare, additional acoustic trigger signal of toms, snare and kick.

No internal tempo changes during a song. On some songs the metrum changes but you'll be safe if you set your click to 1/4 with the given tempo.
Stay tuned! As soon as the mastering is done and the band released the EP you guys will be the first to get the tracks.
Oh, and sorry for not releasing the stems for "High on Life". Personally, I think it's not necessary anymore as the new material is way better to work with. Wink
Sounds great! Big Grin