Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Back from the start_DLR
Here is my mix of another interesting song. I layered flor tom (did't find the track anywhere) and aditional snare. A bit compression here and there, some eq and saturation. Automation on most of tracks. Hope you'll like it. Or not. Any feedback is more than welcome. Cheers! Cool

.mp3    back from the start_DRL v2.mp3 --  (Download: 6.14 MB)

Nice mix, the vibe fits the song.

I like the drums sounds.

There is a keyboard thats is a little loud and it sounds farty on the low notes.

Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Hey jeremias666, I agree about keyboard. I'll try to fix it.
Thnx for comment.
The low frequencies are too high (below 80 Hz). For this reason, the general level of the song is too low. The voice is too low and the keyboard too high. But that's just my opinion.
Yes, I notice that I have general problem with low fqs in most of my mixes (around 60 Hz). I don't know is it my monitors, my room or my lack of knowledge. I have to discover it. Thnx for your opinion!
Yes. You can use a frequency analyzer to have a broad evaluation of the general curve. For the low frequencies is a good indicator, you can avoid big mistakes....
The irony is that I use fq analyzer all the time, just I'm not sure how ideal curve should look like. (I'm trying to keep all fq more or less equal but low fq bit boosted, as I see in reference tracks. But, yet, my lows are still too loud.)
All right. Keep looking to the analyzer and choose good references. Then is a matter of taste and references.... The frequencies that are more sensitive to the ear ranging from about 2k to 5k. for me these are the most important. Generally, if you keep the bass (from 100 Hz down), too high compared to the rest, it follows that for the same volume the song seems lower.... And look for a good analyzer, i have curve EQ Voxengo and another one (fabfilter....). But the best for me is always the windows media player analyzer. Bye
Voxengo SPAN is free and is a great one (the same as the Curve EQ, but this one is not cheap - it's built-in with Cubase 7+ though).
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Thnx guys!! Smile