Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Doppler Shift - Atrophy
Take 7.. Yes, 7.. sigh..

Had really hard time managing those vocals and the drum kit.
Tuned his voice, tried to make it consistent (i hope) and.. then i had to figure out how to treat it in context. Thus, chorus, delay and a bit of reverb.

No drum samples. Nasty kick drum, nasty room sound.
Le sigh. Though i really enjoyed this song. Took about 4-5 days i think, with a total of 3-4 hrs/day .

Anyway, your reactions/thoughts/hints/inputs are more important, so.. let me have it.

What do you think?

PS. On a recent listening note, i think there's a bit of sibilance which my systems doesnt really point out.. or is it just me...

.mp3    The Doppler Shift - Atrophy take 7.mp3 --  (Download: 12.21 MB)

Hey Voskoz

I think you've done a pretty good job making space for all the instruments and your choice of effects aren't overdone (maybe some of the slap back echo is a bit much.Big Grin..lol). To my ears your mix sounds a bit boxy. I think you could do with a bit more EQ work on bottom end. The bass sounds OK so maybe just need a bit more oomph on the kick and thud on the snare.

I think you top end is good. Mids are a bit strong but if you sort out the bottom the rest may fall into place. Failing that a small, wide 1-2 db cut in the master buss around 500hz is maybe all that's required... but you have to sort out bottom first.

Cheers