Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright, Angels In Amplifiers… ESD Mix
Hi Guys, First post in this forum. Hope you are all well...

Here's my mix of "I'm Alright".

I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Rosco

ESD

.mp3    I\'m Alright - ESD.mp3 --  (Download: 6.8 MB)

The balance is pretty good. We can hear every instrument easily. The lead guitar is well mixed, with good bite.

The overall mix sounds very hi-fi, meaning too much low and hi ends and not enough mids. Also there is some resonance in the lows, I would say around 150-200 Hz. Did you use low cuts in every tracks to give room to the bass and kick ?

Feel free to comment my mix as well Smile
(26-08-2014, 08:58 PM)Mandubien Wrote: The balance is pretty good. We can hear every instrument easily. The lead guitar is well mixed, with good bite.

The overall mix sounds very hi-fi, meaning too much low and hi ends and not enough mids. Also there is some resonance in the lows, I would say around 150-200 Hz. Did you use low cuts in every tracks to give room to the bass and kick ?

Feel free to comment my mix as well Smile

Thanks for that, I agree, very hifi… definitely needs more in the midrange.
I did use a high pass filter on quite a lot of the instruments, yes. Kick drum and bass guitars are the bane of my (mixing) life.. lol.. Also, my room does need a lot of work acoustically. Thanks for the feedback my friend. I will give yours a listen and let you know what I think.

Rosco.