Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actions 'One Minute Smile' SeyeauStudios Mix
Hey guys just found this forum in search of some tracks to practice my mixing. Let me first say this is one awesome thing you's got going on here! So this is my try at the song 'One Minute Smile'. Let me know what you's think!
(Not fully mastered so might be a couple db's lower then other mixes.)

.mp3    One Minute Smile (Mix One).mp3 --  (Download: 6.29 MB)

An intriguing snare sound you've taken here -- it's almost like the sound of a practice pad, rather than that of a drum. Despite this, though, I have to say I quite like it! Smile It's punchy, and it cuts through the mix, so it kind of does the job. However, if you gave the guitar parts more growl and presence, which I think they could afford to have, it would probably get pushed to the side-lines pretty quickly, so I might revise my opinion in that context.

I quite like the vocal sound you've got -- still strident, but somehow you've managed to avoid it becoming too piercing. Again, I suppose it might be because of the firmness with which you've smoothed out the guitar and cymbal HF, which I think was probably a bit heavy-handed. It feels a bit like the guitarists are playing in an adjoining room, rather than right around the singer. Sure, it makes your life easier in terms of balance and vocal intelligibility, but who's really in the mixing game for an easy life? Smile
Thanks a lot Mike for the reply, means a lot. The guitars were something I had trouble with in the mix. Noticing a lot more now that it's been some time. I really need to start a/bing on different sound systems before doing the final bounce. I look forward to doing more mixes on here!