Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoodTime
My 7th mix of this cool tune. I think i might be done. Any comments? Never did vocals before, or real drums.

.mp3    GoodTimemp3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.57 MB)

First thoughts is that the bass is a bit too quiet, the drums sound good, but don't sound as though they aren't in the same room as the other instruments, possibly a reverb imbalance? just my 2p

Thanks
(11-08-2014, 11:21 PM)Old_Ben Wrote: First thoughts is that the bass is a bit too quiet, the drums sound good, but don't sound as though they aren't in the same room as the other instruments, possibly a reverb imbalance? just my 2p

Thanks

Yeah i turned the bass up on the next try. I tightened up the drums more with eq and compression. Im so used to my maschine mikro for drums. All these mics are a challenge.
There is something very odd with the panning on this track.
The drums are very thin ,you are hp filtering far too much.
The right pan guitar sounds very close and the left pan far back.
The drums sound like they are panned right or something.
I cant get my head around how this is all so all over the place.
Ok. I am re doing it. I panned and widened all the guitars. Im trying to make the drums thicker but cant seem to figure out how. I like wide mixes. Maybe to much? The trials of a novice i guess. I'll keep tweeking.
I like what you've gone after here. I do get the environmentals though at times they begin to shroud the music and the groove. There is a lot you can do with these tracks and some of your ideas are very good. The compression on the lead vocal is unique and interesting, however, I am not sure it is necessary unless it was an effect you were after.

Can you please mention your DAW and monitoring system for your mixes?
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
My daw is pt10, jackie monitors, if thats what you mean. I don't really remember hat I was doing. I'm still kind of a nube, I just use my ears and turn knobs. Thanks for the reply. Smile
(02-11-2014, 01:32 AM)analogjazzproject Wrote: My daw is pt10, jackie monitors, if thats what you mean. I don't really remember hat I was doing. I'm still kind of a nube, I just use my ears and turn knobs. Thanks for the reply. Smile

All it takes are ears and desire.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]