Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn Me On Mix
Hi guys! Here is my try on "Turn on me". Very nice Song.
I did this mix in 4 hours on headphones, it happens to be the first mix i've ever did in less than 3 weeks. Im not trying to show off but learning to be able to mix a session in a short period of time.

I replaced the kick and the snare drum which was almost impossible for a starter like me because of the bleeds from the rest of the kits, especially the cymbals Sad and im not sure if it's sounds a little more real or not... So please comments and critics will do me good.
Thanks again for taking your time out to listen to this... Cheers Smile

.mp3    Turn on me mix.mp3 --  (Download: 10.15 MB)

After couple days i listen back to this mix, it seems that the ukelele is too loud... critics please

Hey!
So..
I think the vocals are a bit loud in context of the mix.
The kick drum is kinda un-real to me.
The flute could a tad lower too
I really like the feeling tho, the whole vibe is nice for my taste.
I could definitely like an updated version plz Smile
(21-08-2014, 03:00 AM)Vosk0z Wrote: Hey!
So..
I think the vocals are a bit loud in context of the mix.
The kick drum is kinda un-real to me.
The flute could a tad lower too
I really like the feeling tho, the whole vibe is nice for my taste.
I could definitely like an updated version plz Smile

Thanks Vosk0z for your ideas. I will check the mix again and let U know if I've updated it. Smile
I found this mix very pleasant to listen to. Nice work Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(02-09-2014, 08:26 PM)bmullen Wrote: I found this mix very pleasant to listen to. Nice work Smile

Thank's very much for your comment! Smile
(02-09-2014, 07:50 PM)bherds Wrote: 3 Weeks to mix 1 song is way to long. Try just doing the song justice with a mix in a day. Then if you don't like it wait a couple weeks come back to it and start from scratch. It will at least keep the enjoyment of mixing alive rather then pure hell of listening to the same song over and over.

Not bad balance sounds a little to midi sounding with the snare. I can tell your not using faders as well. But the placement of the voice and instruments is set nice.

Thank's very much for your comment. You are right, i did not fader ride. Next time i will listen more closely Smile