Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tears in the rain - voelund
Last thing first: tambourine and me never made friends.
Did some gentle mutes to prevent clutter and tried to make the acc gtr fit, the elctr were easier.
Ended up usin trick I tried in other song, mono plate verb pretty bright on each acc gtr.
Sounded diffrent Big Grin
Its a tune you find yourself hummin when goin downstairs to get more water, I think I´ll go outside and hum it in the garden ...

Hot today also !!!

.mp3    Tears in the rain 02 M:S li.mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
- At 0:25 the guitar jumps into the song very loud and unexpectedly.
- The over all balance between the instruments is a bit strange. Bass is louder than the drums for instance.
- A bit heavy in the bass department. Not boomy, but it's definitely overpowering a lot of the other frequencies.
+ Warm and pleasing to the ears. Nice smooth top end.
+ Good glue. Maybe a bit much though.
+ Nicely separated. Every instrument has its own place in the mix.
Thx for feedback.
Agree elgtr is bit loud in places, I like bas where it is and would actually push drums a tad more behind, especially snare.
Its reason enough for makin a 2nd version.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Great mix with a good emphasis on the bass guitar. Liking the overall vibe it has, very nice.
https://soundcloud.com/laurencebush

laurencebush.co.uk

facebook.com/lbsoundandmusic

@lbsoundandmusic
(31-07-2014, 05:28 PM)Amphibian Wrote: - At 0:25 the guitar jumps into the song very loud and unexpectedly.
- The over all balance between the instruments is a bit strange. Bass is louder than the drums for instance.
- A bit heavy in the bass department. Not boomy, but it's definitely overpowering a lot of the other frequencies.
+ Warm and pleasing to the ears. Nice smooth top end.
+ Good glue. Maybe a bit much though.
+ Nicely separated. Every instrument has its own place in the mix.

I can only agree. The mix has some issues for me but it was quite pleasant to listen in the end, good job.