Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges - Ensi Mix
Love this song, the recording was great! Had a lot of fun with this one Smile

Fire away!

.mp3    burning_bridges_mix2_ensigeetard.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

cheers mate,

first thing that came to my mind: hihat and overheads sound weird/out of phase/washy. what have you done to them? =)

The bridge at 2:00 needs more work: I like the distorted bass but the hihat and overheads are again killing the atmosphere here. the voice is waaaayyy to low in this part. the solo is great, the guitars sound great, the rhythm guitars are not masking the solo guitars - thumbs up. The woohohohoho-part sits nicely in the back, but the solo guitars in the 2nd half of the solo could be a tad louder.

levels and panning are good.

- Boomy bottom end.
- Too much compression, everything is flat as a pancake. The mix is stuffed and doesn't breath.
- Vocal/lyrics are unintelligible at times. Reason: Too much guitars... Let me guess, you're a guitar player? Smile
+ Nice punch.
+ Bass guitar sound is gnarly! Great job!
+ Liking the "click" you dialed in on the drums; kick, toms etc.

Of course these are my humble opinion. Take what ever you like with you, throw away the rest. Feel free to comment on my mixes too. Cheers! Smile
(31-07-2014, 04:42 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: cheers mate,

first thing that came to my mind: hihat and overheads sound weird/out of phase/washy. what have you done to them? =)

The bridge at 2:00 needs more work: I like the distorted bass but the hihat and overheads are again killing the atmosphere here. the voice is waaaayyy to low in this part. the solo is great, the guitars sound great, the rhythm guitars are not masking the solo guitars - thumbs up. The woohohohoho-part sits nicely in the back, but the solo guitars in the 2nd half of the solo could be a tad louder.

levels and panning are good.

I have no idea about the hihats/OH's, they've been bugging me for quite some time actually. I need to get those sorted out.

Thanks for the crits!

(31-07-2014, 05:37 PM)Amphibian Wrote: - Boomy bottom end.
- Too much compression, everything is flat as a pancake. The mix is stuffed and doesn't breath.
- Vocal/lyrics are unintelligible at times. Reason: Too much guitars... Let me guess, you're a guitar player? Smile
+ Nice punch.
+ Bass guitar sound is gnarly! Great job!
+ Liking the "click" you dialed in on the drums; kick, toms etc.

Of course these are my humble opinion. Take what ever you like with you, throw away the rest. Feel free to comment on my mixes too. Cheers! Smile

I maybe went a bit overboard on the bass yeah. I've been hearing that all my mixes are super thin/lacks low-end so I probably overcompensated with this one :\

And I squashed it pretty good yeah, i'm guilty there. For me it's a question of if I want it loud, or if I want it dynamic. I've become better there lately though Smile

Yes, a guitar player haha. I could up the vocals but I thought it would be too overpowering for my tastes.

Thanks for the crits, dude! It is always appreciated. You kinda get stuck in your own bubble so it's nice to get inputs from other people. Drums are SSD drums from the MIDI file. So I might've gotten the cymbals wrong as the MIDI map was a bit different.

yeah, the midi is customized. it works with superior drummer / EZ drummer, but not with ssd4
Vox could come up a bit. The Kick and Lead gtrs are taking over. Knock them down and you might be able to leave the vox alone. The hats are bit loud. Everything sounds good eq wise.
Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.