Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges - Jon Con Mix
Hey guys

Found this page through Pensados students. Had fun mixing this using softubes console 1 and a few other plugins (hardly any to be honest). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Smile

.mp3    Burning Bridges - Jon Con Mix _01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.55 MB)

that's a powerful mix. only thing i did not like was the reverb on the bass solo. it's a matter of taste tho'. HORNS UP!
cheers, its a really quick slap-back echo, I just wanted to change up the texture a bit in the breakdown but didn't want to over-do it, it's on an effect send so could roll it back a bit Smile . Haven't done much metal in a while and this was a nice change from what I've been doing
cheers mate,

really good mix, the background vocals are a bit too loud and harsh. I like the guitar sound but you could have tamed the highs a little bit. The slapback on the bass is too obvious. Solo guitars need more work: the panning is nice, but the levels are not good - the rhythm guitars are too loud/too dominant and the solo parts need more fx (delay probably). you should feel the rhythm guitars in the solo but not really hear them.

The LD gtrs are mushing up the middle of the mix and could pushed more to the sides. They might a tad loud too. Snare and kick are tad bit loud. A good mid scoop on the whole mix would help. Good otherwise.
Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.