Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angels In Amplifiers - I'm Alright
Hi there,

a new mix of mine. I hope you'll like it.
Feedback would be great!

.mp3    angels_alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

good job!
maybe the voice could use a bit more deessing.
nice image
the snare could be just a tad closer
top end is a little crunchy in some passages
(31-07-2014, 08:59 AM)vinniezero Wrote: good job!
maybe the voice could use a bit more deessing.
nice image
the snare could be just a tad closer
top end is a little crunchy in some passages

Thanks a lot! Smile
here is my second version of the song. I have slightly edited the vocals, fixed minor issues and changed a little bit the balance.
What do you think?

.mp3    Angels_final.mp3 --  (Download: 6.83 MB)

Hi,
the last attempt ... I've been fighting with the voice quite a bit. I'm not very happy with it...

.mp3    Angels_final5.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)

A bit too much bass and snare for my tastes. The vocal doesn't sound all that bad, really. Best suggestion I can make is to sweep it with an EQ and look for the ressonant frequencies. There's at least one in there that sounds like it needs to be notched back by 3-6 dB. Guessing around 1-2 kHz, near the fundamental range of his voice.

I think what I actually did on the vocals in this one was elect to drop the lower frequencies altogether in order to keep him from competing with the other instruments and added a low cut filter with the knee right around that range (with like a -6dB/octave slope.) That's part of the battle in some of these, making sure every insrument has its own space in the spectrum and then figuring out how to make sure that the others don't step on it.
Old West Audio
Thanks azwayne!

I had already considered your suggestions concerning the voice in the settings, but certainly not enough pronounced. I also have moved the low cut and reduced bass and snare a tiny bit. All in all not a easy venture for me to get the right sound.... Confused

Cheers!

.mp3    Angels_final6.mp3 --  (Download: 6.86 MB)