Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"stiched up" mix by tascam
Hey guys and gals! Here is my rendition of the really cool tune "stitched up" By Bobby Nobody.

p.s.
pardon my "newb-ness" to these forums, but wav files aren't allowed? owell. hopefully you can get something from this mp3 version... and maybe some one can tell me how to get a higher rez file to upload, or if it's even possible? thanks,

-tascam

.mp3    Stiched Up - mixed by Tascam.mp3 --  (Download: 4.94 MB)

(26-11-2012, 06:21 PM)tascam Wrote: pardon my "newb-ness" to these forums, but wav files aren't allowed? owell. hopefully you can get something from this mp3 version... and maybe some one can tell me how to get a higher rez file to upload, or if it's even possible? thanks,

I didn't provide WAV upload for bandwidth reasons, but you can still upload a higher-resolution 320kbps MP3 here if you want, and link to a WAV download on Soundcloud if you really want WAV.
makes sense. Thank you for your response!

Your reverb choices are pretty dramatic, and in that respect they're ear-catching which is a benefit in the abstract. However, in this case I'm not sure they really support the song. For example, it seems very odd having the main vocal so far upfront when the chorus vocals and "now or never" are so reverberant. The reverb on the guitars also seems to obscure their character rather too much, without adding enough of a production hook in their own right.

Your overall tonality and general balance decisions aren't bad at all, though, which makes me take your left-field reverb decisions much more seriously than I would had the balance itself been suspect. I'm all for people having different mix aesthetics and visions for the same mix, so I'm not saying that you shouldn't have long reverbs on a mix like this as some kind of rule. However, you've not quite convinced me of your vision in this specific implementation. Thanks for the mind-broadening experience, though! Smile
Thanks for your review mike! in retrospect I completely agree with your comments. I used this mix as a chance to experiment a little with things, but I think I may have taken those experiments to far 8/ I completed this mix in one sitting, despite what all my prior teachers have taught me, so perhaps this is a case of me "getting lost in my vision"??

in any case, thanks again for your time and comments!