Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
SpedeMix of Burning Bridges
Hi! Here's my mix from this tune. This didn't take long, only two and half hours. It helps when the tracks are already preprocessed so I don't have to start completely from scratch. Although the backing vocals needed some treatment to make them fit in. They were way too bright IMO.

.m4a    Burning_Bridges_SpedeMix_Mastered.m4a --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

- On my system there's a boomyness/resonance around 50-100 Hz. It's not as tight as it could be.
- Vocals are in my opinion too low at certain times. Vocal sound is more like a demo than a record, if you know what I mean.
- Cymbals are pumping a bit too much.
+ Bass is awesome.
+ Drum sound is great.
+ Panning is great.

Over all it sounds great!
Really like it - probably because it's very close to the original mix Smile The guitars could be a little bit warmer and "midrangy" - more Killswitch then Machine Head so to say. Good impact after the small breaks, the 2nd and 3rd chorus really explode, so does the solo part. The 2nd solo is a little buried under the "woohoohoooo"-part, but other then that its great. Good work!
Snare seems to be a tad out front. Voxs could come up more and have some more definition. A slight mid scoop on the whole mix and a very slight high boost would give the mix much more life. There is a bass resonance around 100 Hz as said before. The Ld gtrs could be panned a bit more and give the middle of the mix some more space for the vox and you won't have to make the snare as loud to cut through everything.
Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.