Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Bridges
i really enjoyed working on this one. hope you like it! thanks for the feedback!
cheers!

.mp3    burning bridges 2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

The balance is ok, but the mix sounds way too scooped in the low mids.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
thanks for the input. there's a revision. cheers!

.mp3    burning bridges 3.mp3 --  (Download: 8.65 MB)

Still way too mid-scooped. Even for a metal song.

Even with more kids I feel the vocals could use some more de-easing, especially the overbright backing vocals.

The drop at first chorus is nice but it would be nicer if the comeback edit would be cleaner, now the transient of the snare is missing.
The original guitar sound is not really scooped - very warm, very midrangy, very chrunchy. Killswitch-Engage-style guitar sound so to say. I know it because I have played and recorded the guitars :-.P

Heres a video with a good example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myXc31uPLe4

On the other hand you are absolutely free to do anything you want! If you want to sound it more like Machine Head - go on! But I think you you have to change the sound of the other instruments to fill the gaps.

(30-07-2014, 01:06 PM)Blitzzz Wrote: The original guitar sound is not really scooped - very warm, very midrangy, very chrunchy. Killswitch-Engage-style guitar sound so to say. I know it because I have played and recorded the guitars :-.P

Heres a video with a good example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myXc31uPLe4

On the other hand you are absolutely free to do anything you want! If you want to sound it more like Machine Head - go on! But I think you you have to change the sound of the other instruments to fill the gaps.

hey blitzzz thanks for the inputs! good to know that the musicians who played this track are listening to it. i just hope that my mixes sounds good. i know and appreciate both killswitch engage and machine head. maybe i tend towards the machine head type of sound....heh.
here i post another mix. lemme know if this one fits better your aims...or not! thanks again for your time and listening. much appreciated.
vinnie

.mp3    burning bridges 4.mp3 --  (Download: 8.61 MB)

hey vinnie,

you are absolutely free to mix this song as you want Smile Push it in any direction, compress the hell out of it, remove the drums, make an instrumental or cut parts Smile

I´m just here to give some feedback and insight how the tracks were recorded. My fav band soundwise is Killswitch Engage - i love the tone of their guitars on "As Daylight dies" and "End of Heartache" and the way the drums and the bass are mixed. It's very direct, in your face with a warm guitar sound. For Burning Bridges I tried to get the sound "right" at the source without equing it to death in the mix. thats why the drums, bass and guitar tracks should work without much need for EQ. But as I said - you can mix it just like you want. There are no rules as long as you have a vision and push the song in this direction Smile
gotcha!
The LD gtrs are way too loud and too bright. They could also panned a lot more. Sounds like the kicks are too loud too because I can hear the limiter pulling down. From what I can hear of the drums they sound mono, tiny, and cramped. More room mic and some verb will help that.
Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.