Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Ride - Burning Bridges (Feedback highly appreciated)
Hello,

I'm getting started with mixing and after reading everything I could get my hands on I decided to just dive into it. So this is my mix of this cool track! Any feedback and constructive criticism is highly welcomed Smile

.mp3    Dark Ride - Burning Bridges (Tim Buse Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 8.52 MB)

(29-07-2014, 11:06 AM)timbuse Wrote: Hello,

I'm getting started with mixing and after reading everything I could get my hands on I decided to just dive into it. So this is my mix of this cool track! Any feedback and constructive criticism is highly welcomed Smile

Hi there,

just some thoughts:

- hihat is a bit too loud
- don't put the rhythm guitars in the center and suddenly spread them out. sounds weird
- same goes for the panning on those screaming parts
- the voice could be more upfront - you need to tame the guitars and poke some holes in them to bring out the vocals
- to much reverb on the voice - it doesn't sound natural
- solo guitars need more delay and you should bring up their level
- why don't you use all the solo guitar tracks? and the additional melody guitars in the key change at the end?
- the second solo guitar is buried under the "whooohohoho"-part. you have to find a better balance here

overall the mix needs more seperation and more attention to detail. The snare/tom climax at 0:48 is completely buried - you have to automate the faders to bring those details out.
Hi Blitzzz,

thanks for your feedback and advice. Now that I know what to listen for, all you said makes absolute sense Smile. I thought I used all guitars!?!? Maybe something went wrong while importing all tracks. I shall put up a new mix shortly where I think I addressed most of the issues! thanks again!
The voice needs to be way more upfront. And there is some cymbals that are sticking too much in volume and sounding too dry and close, specially compared against the wet voice.

Snare could be bigger and or brighter.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Yeah, the vocal reverb is not right for the vocal. It shouldn't be the kind of which pushes the vocal back.
Snare is buried. The Ld gtrs are too soft along with the Vox. The kick seems to be at a good level so bring everything up to that level. Everything sounds good eq wise.
Most of my mixes can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/conman57
Please comment on my mixes.