Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Knox - Cog In The Machine
Hi,

my second mix here. I hope you like it.

Thanks for your feedback!

Cyrus

.mp3    Knox.mp3 --  (Download: 6.41 MB)

- Vocalist sounds a bit under a blanket/nasal.
- Guitar is a bit too loud.
- The viola is fighting for attention. Maybe move him to the right to balance the left panned guitar...
+ Great bass sound.
+ Love the percussion.
+ Overall a goody good mix.
Thank you! I'll try...
I enjoyed listening to this mix. I think the point raised by Amphibian about the panning of violin is a good one ... it's battling with the vocals slightly. Panning guitar and violin away from the middle will clear space for the vox to shine plus give you some stereo width options.

The guitar level seems OK to me.....it does get (almost too) loud at the start of each chorus..but i imagine that's automation...in fact i think you could almost bring guitar levels up in verses slightly....
(21-08-2014, 02:36 PM)HbGuitar Wrote: I enjoyed listening to this mix. I think the point raised by Amphibian about the panning of violin is a good one ... it's battling with the vocals slightly. Panning guitar and violin away from the middle will clear space for the vox to shine plus give you some stereo width options.

The guitar level seems OK to me.....it does get (almost too) loud at the start of each chorus..but i imagine that's automation...in fact i think you could almost bring guitar levels up in verses slightly....

Thank you for your feedback!