Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
The Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Herer (Mix and Master by Chico Rocha)
My mix for this song. Tried to make it "punchy" like other grunge songs. Enjoy and please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks!

.mp3    The Butterfly Effect - Preach Right Here.mp3 --  (Download: 8.97 MB)

(25-07-2014, 05:29 PM)ChicoRocha Wrote: My mix for this song. Tried to make it "punchy" like other grunge songs. Enjoy and please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks!
In my opinion, this is one of the better mixes of this song in this forum.
Hey Man! Nice sound!! Your mix kicks asses! Thumbs Up! I really like your drums and bass!!
(08-08-2014, 06:30 PM)Elwar Snettig Wrote:
(25-07-2014, 05:29 PM)ChicoRocha Wrote: My mix for this song. Tried to make it "punchy" like other grunge songs. Enjoy and please tell me what I did wrong. Thanks!
In my opinion, this is one of the better mixes of this song in this forum.

Thank you Elwar. The song helps a lot. lol.
(09-08-2014, 09:07 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote: Hey Man! Nice sound!! Your mix kicks asses! Thumbs Up! I really like your drums and bass!!

Thanks. All the great songs I hear, the drums are so big. I always try to get it as punchy as I can.
Nice!!

really nice remix ChicoRocha.. so many things that you've done correct

punchy drums indeed.. good clarity
no weird sounding compression artifacts present in this mix
no excessive EQ boosting, which results in phase anomalies
vocals are not sibilant or harsh.. you probably used a de-esser ?
coffee grinders has a nice effect on them in the bridge.

If you're looking to improve this mix..
the only thing that stands out is the bass guitar, it has certain notes that creep up and down.. it's a matter of finding the right tools to fix the problem.. in my reference mix I used a SansAmp plugin for a amplifier sound and then I used an analog Leveling Amplifier.. much like the LA2a.. seems to make it rock steady in the mix.

good work, cheers

Marc
This is the best one on here I've heard. Good work. Lovely drums. The only thing I would say is just add some 12k shine over the whole mix it's all there but just not sparkling for me.