Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amphibian Mix: Carlos Gonzalez - A Place For Us
My stab at this one. Let me know how it sounds on your system and what you think. Cheers! Smile

.mp3    Gonzalez – APFU.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

There are things that I like about the direction you took with this mix. Direction was good but execution was very average. The mix was 2 dimensional most of the time. I wasnt dancing or head bobbing foot tapping. I agree with your decision to make kick snare and vocals the basis of the mix. I liked lots of the entrances. Overall the mux sounded like little effort was put in.
(22-07-2014, 06:39 PM)hanibal005 Wrote: There are things that I like about the direction you took with this mix. Direction was good but execution was very average. The mix was 2 dimensional most of the time. I wasnt dancing or head bobbing foot tapping. I agree with your decision to make kick snare and vocals the basis of the mix. I liked lots of the entrances. Overall the mux sounded like little effort was put in.

Thanks for listening. Interesting assessment. Did you listen on cans or on monitors? Would you care to explain what you mean by "2 dimensional"? Cheers!
I listened on ear buds that I'm very familiar with. 2 dimensional as in front to back. Things seemed to have simikar depth.
Ok, earbuds... :S See if you get more depth with some crossfeed between the buds, or listen to it through monitors.

Anyway, thanks for the assessment and listening! I appreciate the feedback... Smile
(22-07-2014, 04:17 PM)Amphibian Wrote: My stab at this one. Let me know how it sounds on your system and what you think. Cheers! Smile

The Piano is a little tiny, nice voices, i like you don´t use all the tracks, only the tracks you consider for your mix, very natural sound!
I miss a bit of reverb on this mix on a lot of instruments. All in all, its not bad but as hanibal already mentioned, it sounds a bit like a not finished mix. The instruments seemed pretty good from the eqing, but it lacks athmosphere to me.