Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Alright mix (feedback would be fantastic)
So I'm primarily a metal guy so it was nice to have a breathe of fresh air with this project. I think it came out pretty solid and modern sounding which was my intention. I tried to push myself a little bit farther then usual with reverbs and delays then I typically do with metal (still didn't go over the top with them). Also I layered in a sampled kick from EZ Drummer's metal machine pack to give the kick a little more definition and attack.

.mp3    I\'m Alright.mp3 --  (Download: 6.78 MB)

My comments: Vocals and Guitar Solo levels need to come up. Sounds like you muted some of the acoustic guitar fills -- but it leaves a few gaps where there's nothing interesting happening in the song (a matter of style there whether you'd want to slot something else in to carry the song forward). Drum blending is done well -- I wouldn't have noticed it unless you mentioned in the post. Nice job.
All sound is a distortion of silence / soundcloud.com/jeffd42
I have to agree with the vocals and solo guitars... Usually in Metal, vocals get burried to make room for the screaming guitars, same with the drums (No bass, just click) - But there's not such an issue here... Also the kick is a tiny bit too loud for my tastes, but I did like the sound of it!
Overall, I do like the sonic character of your mix; Not bright (which suits it rather well), and thick sounding (you could listen to it for hours and hours and it's still gonna be pleasing)... It's a very nice mix Smile