Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knockout
First time working with hip hop. Can't be too sure about the bass because my monitoring is poor in that region, but I had fun. Cool song.

.mp3    Knockout Master.mp3 --  (Download: 10.13 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Bein as far from familiar with the genre as me could hold better men back from throwin a comment. I listened and found it smooth piano sounds almost classical and the bling synths occassionally blingin in have room to shine
I guess you would be told to make drum n bas louder if it was a commercial mix. If you did so voice would have to come up a bit or brighter or both.

Can we mix too pretty for rap ?
I guess we can. Its pretty and I like pretty but here a harder sound wouldnt hurt
I think
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Haha but we're not better men, are we?

You're right of course... It's probably undercompressed and not separated enough for a commercial mix... The vocals could probably use a bit of help, too. I guess I just mixed it based on my own sonic preferences, listening to music in a quiet room with the lights down low.

But your comment that it's pretty made me smile, even though rap maybe shouldn't be pretty :p
I find your mixes lush and pretty, so it's a huge compliment in my book.

Thanks for listening and all the helpful advice/commentary along the way. It's been a hell of a journey so far.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Love the beat. Feel like a little edge to the total mix would help. The rap vocals are good but could sound a bit more gangsta. Looking for more drama from the synths. Good mix overall.