Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heart Peripheral
Yesterday's mix.

.mp3    Heart Peripheral.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

.mp3    Heart Peripheral Final.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Good Mix Bob ,inspired me to give it a try Big Grin.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Nice mix mate,vox sound great.
Thanks Don and Alan.
Strong mix this !
Love the bas. Clever to make drums bit dark and bas bright to gi e room for each. Voices nicely separated. Lead maybe could use a tad more deesser ?
In B part voice lvl drops a lot. My immediate move would be to use telephone eq, slap delay, modulation or distortion or a mix to make interest and also louder bust that part.

Great mix !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(20-07-2014, 10:35 PM)Voelund Wrote: Strong mix this !
Love the bas. Clever to make drums bit dark and bas bright to gi e room for each. Voices nicely separated. Lead maybe could use a tad more deesser ?
In B part voice lvl drops a lot. My immediate move would be to use telephone eq, slap delay, modulation or distortion or a mix to make interest and also louder bust that part.

Great mix !
Thanks for the listen. I agree about the bridge. I already have a telephone effect on it and that made it even quieter. Below I've added a couple of db to the level and a bit of delay as well.
Brought the vocal up in the bridge and added a touch of delay.

.mp3    Heart Peripheral 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.69 MB)

This is the best version of this song I've heard so far Big Grin be careful with a closemik'd female vocal, though... tends to be a lot of harshness and sibilance. It gets a teeny bit abrasive in this mix, but not too bad. It's tough when mixing this one because your brain starts ignoring it after about 10 minutes. I bounced the thing maybe 5 times only to go back and try to fix the harshness, and I still had buildups to tend to in mastering. Great job though, your mixes sound better all the time. Levels and balance are really nice.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
(21-07-2014, 06:17 PM)pauli Wrote: This is the best version of this song I've heard so far Big Grin be careful with a closemik'd female vocal, though... tends to be a lot of harshness and sibilance. It gets a teeny bit abrasive in this mix, but not too bad. It's tough when mixing this one because your brain starts ignoring it after about 10 minutes. I bounced the thing maybe 5 times only to go back and try to fix the harshness, and I still had buildups to tend to in mastering. Great job though, your mixes sound better all the time. Levels and balance are really nice.

Thanks Pauli. I agree. Maybe I'll give the desser some more tweaking.
Listened 3rd version. Sounds great. I hope I can tame that wild multitrack just close to whst you did. Right now I have biig drumsound fighting with synth and occassional bas tryin to be heard.
Got very inspired from this mix. Thank you !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order