Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Room in Tulsa Blue Bus Mix
Hi,,

my attempt at this one. pretty happy with how it turned out. Let me know what you feel.

Regards,
Blue Bus.

.mp3    Back Room in Tulsa Blue Bus Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.62 MB)

hi blue bus
listened to your mix i like it,vocal sounds ok but i would of added a bit of ambience to some instruments to add depths and separation to mix,good job though, regards,cudjoe
Nice work Blue. Very well balanced and vocal sounds good to me and I actually thinks you've picked some decent ambiences for the insruments.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
Sounds great to me.

Only thing that came to my mind: I think I hear too much the DI or too little the acoustic mic in the double basses hi-frequency content. Listen for example 01:24-28. To me those bass fills belong to the top moments of this song. (I'm double bass freak)

And yes, I agree with cudjoe, that some back room ambience here and there could be somthing to consider. For example in the solo guitar.
(16-07-2014, 04:11 PM)Olli H Wrote: Sounds great to me.

Only thing that came to my mind: I think I hear too much the DI or too little the acoustic mic in the double basses hi-frequency content. Listen for example 01:24-28. To me those bass fills belong to the top moments of this song. (I'm double bass freak)

And yes, I agree with cudjoe, that some back room ambience here and there could be somthing to consider. For example in the solo guitar.

Hi Olli,

thanks for the feedback. Nice spot i did remove the bass mic tracks.
hope i get the rverb and ambience thing sorted quickly.

blue bus.
(14-07-2014, 03:59 AM)bmullen Wrote: Nice work Blue. Very well balanced and vocal sounds good to me and I actually thinks you've picked some decent ambiences for the insruments.

Hi Bmullen,

thanks for the feedback.

blue bus.
THANK YOU OLLI H

Okay..
On my setup sounds a bit mid-frequence-y. Removing some of dat would make your mix shine i think, at least distinguish and separate the instruments.
I think i would go that reverb/room path the others mentioned, it suits your sound.
That D-bass? Ye, i think it should've been mic'd all the way, the genre compels.
And finally the vocal could be a bit lower in volume? just a little bit, so it can present itself in context

Good job nevertheless man Smile

Cheers Big Grin